Terms and Conditions
Updated as of 22 Nov 2018
By purchasing, activating, receiving and/or using the Card(s) (as defined hereinafter), you shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. “You” and “your” refer to the person who has purchased, activated, received and/or used the Card(s). “K&R”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to K & R International Limited and all associated third parties required to fulfill and manage your Card(s).
1. The term “Card(s)” refers to the Global Express Prepaid Cards, which include, without limitation, the Anonymous (fixed value, non-reloadable) Cards, the Personal (reloadable) Cards and the Co-branded Cards issued by K&R. The Card(s) are accepted by UnionPay International (“UPI”) network, which is accessible in the majority of countries and regions around the world.
Please visit http://www.unionpayintl.com/hk for the full list of countries/regions accepting UPI Cards.
2. We will maintain an account (“Account”) for each Card issued by us. Where the Card is used for purchasing goods and services, cash withdrawal, or when K&R service fees, administration fees, and/or other Card related fees are charged by us, and/or when the Card is reloaded, the Account balance will be adjusted accordingly.
3. Funds Management
(a) Your money in your Account will be held in segregated trust accounts (collectively, the "Trust Accounts”) which are separate from the house account of K&R for your benefit until such funds are either returned to you at your request or paid for your transactions.
(b) By maintaining your funds in the Trust Accounts on your behalf, we undertake to:
(i) Secure your funds free from any lien, charge, pledge, mortgage or other encumbrance, equity or thirty party right of any nature; and
(ii) Keep proper records relating to the Trust Accounts.
(c) You will only be entitled to all monies standing to your Account and you will not be entitled to any interest in any other Trust Account.
(d) K&R may, but shall not be obliged to, invest the funds in the Trust Accounts in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, guidelines, circulars and K&R’s policies.
(e) If K&R decides to invest the funds in the Trust Accounts, K&R shall be entitled, as remuneration for the services which it provides in its capacity as a trustee, to retain the net profits generated from time to time by the appreciations of value of the investment for its own use absolutely.
4. Scope of Your Responsibilities
(a) You shall be fully liable and responsible for all consequences arising from or in connection with the use of the Card(s), any service in respect of which (the “Service”) and/or access to any information as a result of such use by you or by any other person whether or not authorised.
(b) You shall indemnify us and our officers and employees against all liabilities, claims, demand, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, legal fees on a full indemnity basis) which may be incurred by any of us and all actions or proceedings which may be brought by or against any of us in connection with the provision of the Service or the exercise or preservation of our powers and rights under these Terms and Conditions, unless due to the gross negligence or wilful default on the part of us or our officers or employees.
5. Your Acknowledgement and Undertakings
(a) You undertake to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, guideline, directive, circular, code of conduct or disclosure requirement of any relevant jurisdiction and the relevant policies of K&R while using the Service via the K&R Mobile App, the K&R website, the K&R WeChat Official Account, the K&R hotline and/or any other service channel provided by us. You further acknowledge that you are aware of and agree to accept the risks involved when you use the above for servicing and transactions.
(b) You undertake to notify us of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible. You understand and acknowledge that we will be entitled to rely and act upon the information provided by you prevailing at the time. No change in any of your particulars will be effective unless and until we have actually received notice of change in respect thereof.
(c) You authorise us to process, share, store or transmit information about you, your Accounts and/or transactions executed by us on behalf of you in connection with the Service. We undertake that any such processing, sharing, storage or transmission of information will be done in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
(d) You shall not, and shall not attempt to decompile, reverse-engineer, translate, convert, adapt, alter, modify, enhance, add to, delete or in any way tamper with, or gain access to, any part of the Service or the K&R website or K&R Mobile App or any software comprised in them.
(e) You shall not access the Service from any internet site, software or by any other method that is not made available by us.
(a) We shall have the right to immediately suspend or terminate your Card(s) and/or the Service at any time at our discretion without prior notice to you if we reasonably believe that you have materially or persistently breached or omitted to observe your obligations under any of these Terms and Conditions, or in the event that any of the following occurs:
(i) Performance of or compliance with our obligations hereunder violates or may violate any applicable law, rule, regulation, guideline, directive, circular, code of conduct or disclosure requirement of any relevant jurisdiction;
(ii) Performance of or compliance with our obligations hereunder exposes or may expose us to any action or censure from any government, regulator or law enforcement agency of any relevant jurisdiction;
(iii) You have given us any false, inaccurate or misleading information at any time;
(iv) We suspect any actual or potential fraud committed by you or any other party through your Card(s);
(v) We suspect any actual or potential illegal activity, including, without limitation, receiving proceeds of criminal activities through your Card(s), committed by you or any other party or use for any other purpose which in our reasonable opinion is improper;
(vi) You have expressly or impliedly authorised any other party to use your Card(s);
(vii) You have behaved in a threatening or abusive manner to our staff; or
(viii) You have committed or attempted to commit any act which is, in our reasonable opinion, prejudicial to our interest.
(b) We are also entitled to immediately terminate the Card and/or the Service to you if, by reason of your age, residence status, credit status, etc., you are not or cease to be eligible to be a holder of your Card(s). Whilst we may attempt to notify you in advance in such circumstances, no guarantee in respect of which is given by us.
(a) Unless we have been grossly negligent, committed fraud or willful default and only to the extent of direct and reasonably foreseeable loss and damage (if any) arising directly and solely therefrom or the amount of the relevant transaction (whichever is less), we assume no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for the consequences arising from or in relation to the following events:
(i) use of the Card(s) and/or the Service and/or access to any information as a result of such use by you or any other person whether or not authorised;
(ii) any interruption, interception, suspension, delay, loss, unavailability, mutilation or other failure in providing the Service, in transmitting instructions or information relating to the Service or in connecting with the K&R hotline, the K&R website, the K&R Mobile App, the K&R WeChat Official Account, the UnionPay mobile app and/or any other service channel provided by us caused by any acts, omissions or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, failure of any communication network, act or omission of any third party service providers, mechanical failure, power failure, malfunction, breakdown, or inadequacy of equipment, installation or facilities, or any law, rules or regulations); and/or
(iii) transmission and/or storage of any information and/or data relating to you, the Services and/or transactions or dealings conducted by you pursuant to the Service through or in any system, equipment or instrument of any communication network provider.
(b) For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will we be liable to you or any other person for any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages including, without limitation, any loss of use, revenue, profits or savings notwithstanding that we may have been advised of the possibility of such losses.
(c) We do not warrant or represent that the Service are free from virus or other destructive features which may adversely affect your hardware, software or equipment.
8. Intellectual Property
(a) You acknowledge and agree that the Service and the form, format, mode or method of compilation, selection, configuration, presentation and expression of such Service (collectively “Confidential Information”) are our trade secrets and confidential and proprietary property.
(b) Unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, you shall not, and shall not attempt to: -
(i) sell, transfer, disclose, assign, convey, lease, sub-license, share, loan, distribute, transmit, broadcast, cablecast, put in circulation, download, reproduce, duplicate or otherwise provide or disseminate any Confidential Information in any form or by any means to any other person or commercially exploit any Confidential Information;
(ii) remove, obliterate, erase, relocate or modify in any way any proprietary marking on or appearing with the Confidential Information including, without limitation, any trademark or copyright notice; or
(iii) incorporate or combine the Confidential Information with any other programmes.
(c) The restrictions on disclosure shall not apply to any Confidential Information:
(i) where its disclosure is compelled by law but only to the extent required by law and only after written notice of the requirement to disclose has been given by you to us; or
(ii) where we have expressly agreed in writing to its disclosure.
(d) You agree that all right, title and interest in and relating to the Confidential Information and any and all related copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, proprietary property, trade secrets and exclusive works are and shall remain our exclusive property. No right, title or interest other than the right to access the Confidential Information in accordance with these Terms and Condition is conveyed or transferred to you. You shall not make any representation or do any act which may be taken to indicate that you have any such right, title or interest.
(e) In respect of marketing materials, information and reports made available via the K&R website and/or K&R Mobile App which are from and/or based on any third party source, you acknowledge and agree that such materials, information and reports are for general information and reference only. We do not warrant, represent or guarantee the sequence, accuracy, truth, reliability, adequacy, timeliness or completeness of any such materials, information and reports or whether any of them is fit for any purpose. We also do not endorse or express any comment on any such materials, information and reports nor assume any duty to check or verify the same.
(f) No warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind in relation to the Service is given or may be implied to be given by us and none of our employees and agents is authorised to give any such warranty, representation or guarantee.
10. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap. 623), the Laws of Hong Kong shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions and no person other than the parties hereto shall have any right under these Terms and Conditions nor shall these Terms and Conditions be enforceable by any person other than the parties hereto.
11. We may impose a fee for each payment transaction and an administration fee for any refund of the payment amount (or any part thereof). The applicable fees and charges are determined by us at our sole discretion. You agree that we may directly debit our fees and charges (as applicable) from your Account or in any other manner and at such intervals as we may specify. The latest rates of fees and charges will be posted on the K&R website from time to time. They shall be binding on you if you continue to use the Card(s) and the Service after the change of such rates becomes effective. You should refer to our latest rates of fees and charges from time to time.
12. We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time by publishing a notice of the change(s) and posting an updated version on the K&R website and/or by providing you notice of amendments when you log into your K&R members account. The up-to-date version of these Terms and Conditions will be available on our website. Retention or use of the Cards after such amendments take effect shall constitute your acceptance to be bound by such amendments. Notwithstanding the foregoing, advance notice of any change may not be given if it is necessary to make any such change immediately in order to maintain or restore the security of any Card, any related payment system or the Service or in order to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation, code and/or guideline. The decisions of K&R in respect of all matters and disputes in connection with the Card and/or the Service shall be final and conclusive.
13. You understand that you should visit the UPI website http://www.unionpayintl.com/hk regularly for the updated security notifications and instructions regarding how to use UPI cards safely.
14. These Terms and Conditions consist of both Chinese and English versions. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the Chinese and English versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.
15. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any court or by other competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, these Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid as to the other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision.
16. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions. We may assign, transfer or subcontract our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any other person or entity at any time upon giving you prior notice of at least 2 calendar months.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong and the parties hereto irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Hong Kong and accordingly any legal action or proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions may be brought to such courts.
Use of Global Express Prepaid Card
1. To be an eligible holder of the Card, you must be aged 11 or above.
2. You may only use the Card after you have signed on the back of the Card and activated it.
3. The Card must be used with a personal identification number (PIN) which is displayed on the back of the Card. You are responsible for changing the PIN for your protection as soon as you receive the Card by calling K&R hotline (+852) 8105-8008 or (+86) 21-6156-1738, or visiting K&R website at www.kr-int.com or via K&R WeChat Official Account by following us at qnrpay or 僑達卡支付服務. K&R will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by any accidental or unauthorized disclosure of the PIN under any circumstance.
4 The Card can be used to pay for goods and services at merchants displaying UnionPay logo or accepting UPI for payment (the “Merchants”).
5. Except for clause 6 and 7 stipulated below, you must present the Card and enter your 6-digit PIN at the time of payment and sign the purchase receipt with the same signature you signed on the back of the Card. We will never contact you to request for your personal PIN and we will not ask anyone else to do so on our behalf. If you receive such a request, it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your security details in any circumstance. You should report any such activity to us immediately.
6. If you use a Card with Near Field Communication (“NFC”) function on a POS machine which supports UnionPay QuickPass, you may not need to input the PIN for transactions below a certain transaction amount. Therefore, please handle your Card properly, and in case of loss, please contact us immediately.
7. You can also connect your Card with the K&R Mobile App or UnionPay’s Mobile App (collectively, the “App”) to use UnionPay QR Code (the “UnionPay QR Code”) for payment to the Merchants. If you present the UnionPay QR Code to make payment, you may not be required to input the payment password of the App or Card PIN below a certain transaction amount. If you use the App to scan a Merchant’s UnionPay QR Code for making payment, you will be required to input the payment password in the App. Therefore, please be aware of the risks associated with QR code payment when you connect your Card with the App. Besides, before connecting your Card with the UnionPay App, you must review and agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions with respect to using the App.
8. (Only applicable to Cards with ATM cash withdrawal function) Cash withdrawal from an automated teller machine with the UnionPay logo (“ATM”) is allowed provided that a cardholder has input a correct PIN. A handling fee will be charged for every transaction. This charge will be debited from the Account directly. Depending on the particular card type, the maximum cash withdrawal amount for each transaction is HK$20,000 and the maximum daily cash withdrawal amount is HK$50,000. The maximum cash withdrawal amount, however, cannot exceed the Card’s remaining balance or the local ATM limit.
9. Once the available balance in the Account is used up to zero value, the Card is no longer valid. You may dispose of the Card (applicable to Anonymous Cards), or reload it (applicable to Personal Cards).
10. The Card cannot be used for any illegal or dishonest purposes, including, without limitation, illegal gambling, money laundering and terrorist financing. We reserve the right of refusal to honour any actual or potential illegal transactions and report them to the relevant regulatory authorities. You warrant that the source of your funds are legitimate and K&R may disclose or use any the data of the cardholder permitted by applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, guidelines of any relevant regulatory authorities.
Foreign currency transactions
1. Transactions which are effected in a currency other than Hong Kong dollar will be converted into Hong Kong dollars at a rate of exchange determined by reference to the exchange rate adopted by UPI on the day of conversion.
2. A transaction fee may be charged in addition to any applicable transaction levy from time to time announced by UPI and it will be debited from the Account.
Available balance enquiry
1. No statement of Account will be issued.
2. You can check your available Account balance free-of-charge by calling the K&R hotline (+852) 8105-8008 or (+86) 21-6156-1738, visiting the K&R website at www.kr.int.com or via the K&R WeChat Official Account by following us at qnrpay or 僑達卡支付服務. You may also check your available Account balance via an ATM for which a handling fee will be charged for each enquiry and debited from your Account.
3. You may not be able to withdraw cash from the ATMs or make balance enquiry at ATMs if the available balance in the Account falls below the administration fee to be incurred by such cash withdrawal and/or balance enquiry service.
4. You can view your recent transaction history free-of-charge by visiting the K&R website at www.kr-int.com, our K&R Mobile App or via K&R WeChat Official Account by following us at qnrpay or 僑達卡支付服務.
Anonymous Global Express Card (A-Card)
The Anonymous Global Express Card (the “A-Card”) is a disposable card with a minimum of HK$500 and a maximum of HK$8,000 of pre-stored value. Subject to the requirements set out under the section “Application” below, each applicant can only hold A-Cards with a maximum value of HK$25,000. A-Cards are not transferable once it is signed, and are not reloadable.
1. For any A-Card purchase with a total pre-stored amount of up to HK$8,000, no personal information is required to be provided.
2. For A-Card purchase with a total pre-stored amount of over HK$8,000 and up to HK$25,000, K&R will need to obtain personal details of the purchaser for identification purpose.
3. No individual can purchase A-Cards with a total pre-stored amount of over HK$25,000.
Lost and stolen A-Cards
1. There will be no replacement or redemption of A-Cards in the event of loss or theft.
2. We will not be liable for any loss due to or in connection with or arising from the loss, theft and/or unauthorized use of your A-Card, or your mobile phone with K&R Mobile App downloaded and to which your A-Card is connected.
1. Replacement Card will be issued free-of-charge before the A-Card’s expiry date only in case of its malfunction with no fault on your part. The defective A-Card should be returned to us for cancellation.
2. We reserve the right to decline to issue a replacement Card.
1. An A-Card can only be used before the expiry date.
2. An A-Card is valid within 24 months after its activation.
3. After expiry, an expiry management fee will be debited from the remaining balance of the A-Card on a monthly basis, if any, until the remaining balance reaches zero.
1. We strongly encourage you to exhaust the balance of the A-Card before its expiry.
2. For redemption, cardholders of A-Cards should visit the K&R office in person, and comply with the requirements as set out in Table A hereunder. K&R reserves the right to request for any personal identification documents and proof of the A-Card ownership from cardholders.
3. The redemption process takes 5-10 working days, and the redemption service fee will be debited from the remaining balance of the A-Card.
The Personal Global Express Card (P-Card)
The Personal Global Express Card (the “P-Card”) is a reloadable Card with a maximum stored value of HK$120,000 subject to K&R’s internal risk assessment on you. P-Cards are not transferable once it is signed, is reloadable with dollar value, and its remaining balance can be transferred to a new Card after its expiry.
1. To be an eligible cardholder, you must be aged 11 or above.
2. You must hold a valid identity document, such as ID card, passport, etc.
3. You are required to present us with a copy of a valid proof of residential address, such as a mobile phone or pay TV statement, a utility bill, a correspondence from a government department or agency or a statement issued by a bank, a licensed corporation or an insurer within the last three (3) months.
4. You are also required to provide any other information or document as we may reasonably require in order to comply with all applicable anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing laws, rules, regulations, codes, guidelines and circulars and K&R's policies and procedures.
5. K&R reserves the right to reject any application for a P-Card without further explanation.
One applicant can only apply for one P-Card, unless otherwise approved by K&R.
The top-up methods and related limits are specified by K&R from time to time in its absolute discretion.
After collection of your personal information, K&R will conduct ongoing AML and CTF screening according to the HKMA’s Guidelines. Please contact K&R if there are any changes in the information provided by you.
1. The maximum stored value of a P-Card is HK$120,000.
2. The maximum top-up (reloadable) limit is HK$120,000 subject to the maximum stored value.
3. The annual top-up (reloadable) transaction limit is HK$5,000,000.
4. Your reloading instruction will be declined if the amount you intend to reload exceeds your P-Card’s maximum stored value after the P-Card is reloaded.
Credit Transfer via Faster Payment System (FPS)
As one of the participants of the Faster Payment System (“FPS”), K&R will only credit funds received from any third party payer through other participating banks / companies into your designated Account where your account information and/or personal information (including your mobile phone number and/or email address) provided by such third party payer is already registered by you with K&R for the purpose of FPS. After we receive the fund, we shall, without prior notice to you, process the said fund by crediting it into your designated Account or return it to the third party payer taking into account the fund receipt limit and card value limit prevailing at the time. If you have any queries with respect to the credited funds, please contact us.
Lost, stolen and other events of Personal Global Express Card
1. If your P-Card or your mobile phone with K&R Mobile App or UnionPay Mobile App downloaded and to which the P-Card is connected, is lost, stolen or you forgot the PIN of the P-Card, you should contact us immediately. We will impose an administration fee, which can be paid by cash, for reissuing the P-Card and transferring the remaining balance thereof to the new Card. No administration fee will be charged if you can prove that the ATM is the faulty party. For more details of replacement of the P-Card, please refer to Table A below.
2. We will not be liable for any loss due to or in connection with or arising from the loss, theft and/or unauthorized use of your P-Card, or your mobile phone with K&R Mobile App or UnionPay Mobile App downloaded and to which your P-Card is connected.
1. Replacement Card will be issued free-of-charge before the expiry date in case of malfunction of the P-Card without fault on your part on the condition that the defective P-Card is returned to us for cancellation.
2. If the P-Card is damaged due to misuse or if your PIN is lost, a replacement Card may be issued upon request on the condition that the P-Card is returned to us for cancellation. We will impose a card replacement fee, which can be paid by cash.
3. You may be asked to provide your personal identification document and other supporting proof which K&R in its reasonable opinion considered appropriate for issuing a replacement Card.
4. Once the replacement is approved, the balance of the P-Card will be transferred into the replacement Card.
5. We reserve the right to decline to issue a replacement Card.
Expiry and transfer
1. A P-Card should be used before its expiry date.
2. A P-Card is valid within 24 months after its activation.
3. After expiry, an expiry management fee will be debited from the remaining balance of the P-Card on a monthly basis. You may request to transfer the remaining balance of the expired P-Card to a new Card at our office or the offices of any designated agents/distributors. We will impose a handling fee, which can be paid by cash. You may also request for cash redemption by visiting our office.
4. We may require you to provide identification documents to process your transfer request.
1. Personal identification document must be presented for the redemption of P-Cards. The redemption process takes 5-10 working days and the redemption service fee will be debited from the remaining value of the P-Card.
Note: No redemption will be allowed if a physical A-Card is not presented.
K&R reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to you.